JACOB FRANCIS FORERO. ARTIST- ACTOR - FILMMAKER
Jacob was born in Atlanta, Georgia. He attended Silvermine Art Guild (1996-99). He graduates of New Canaan High School (2001).Studied Visual and Performing Arts at NCC and SUNY at Purchase (2001-04). His major themes are representational, surrealism, impressionism, still life objects, landscapes and portraits. Inspired by Picasso, much of Jacob’s art consists of working with finished paintings of his and other artists, reconstructing them into cubist collages. He is a member of the Greenwich Art Society since June 2005. The Art Society of Old Greenwich, February 2006. The Greenwich Arts Council, March 2006. The Westport Arts Center March 2006. The New Canaan Society of the Arts, April 2006. The Stamford Art Association June 2006.
Since June 2005 Jacob has participated in “147" Art Exhibitions. He has been in “93" Juried Shows, “13” Solo Shows, and The Greenwich “ART TO THE AVENUE SHOW.” The Old Greenwich “ANNUAL SIDEWALK ART SHOW”. The New Canaan “ART IN THE WINDOWS, " The Stamford Art Association "ART AT THE FERGUSON" and the Westport Art Center "ART ABOUT TOWN."
- The Greenwich Time published Jacob's dog relief sculpture "Me & My Mask" as a displayed for ASOG Summer Pop-Up Exhibit at the Greenwich Botanical Center in Cos Cob. (Aug 2020).
- Third Place, Art Society of Old Greenwich "2019 FALL GREENWICH BOTANICAL CENTER EXHIBITS & SALE", Garden Education Center (October 2019).
- Honorable Mention, Stamford Art Association "Visions of New England" (July 2019)
- Third Place, Art Society of Old Greenwich "2018 FALL GREENWICH BOTANICAL CENTER EXHIBITS & SALE", Garden Education Center (October 2018). - First Place, Art Society of Old Greenwich "Summer Symphony" Members' Juried Art Show, Flinn Gallery, Greenwich Library (July 2017). - First Place, Stamford Art Association "FAR AWAY PLACES" (July 2016) - First Place, Art Society of Old Greenwich "Spring Art and Scholarship Show" (April 2016)
- Honorable Mention, Stamford Art Association "16th Annual Vivian & Stanley Reed Marine
Show" (May 2015) -Solo Show at Greenwich Bank & Trust Company (2013-2014)- Honorable Mention, Stamford Art Association "13th Annual Vivian & Stanley Reed Marine Show" (May 2012).- Honorary Certificate, "2011 Photography Vibes Contest." Jacob's "Lisianthus" photo was published in the "Photography Vibes" book (June 2011)- The Greenwich Art Society “NINETY-FIRST JURIED EXHIBITION”. “ELEGANCE AT DEAUVILLE BEACH” oil on canvas. Published it in Catalogue. (March 2008).- Honorable Mention, Art Society of Old Greenwich “57th ANNUAL SIDEWALK ART SHOW” (September 2007). - Third Prize, Stamford Art Association "FAR AWAY PLACES" (July 2007). - Honorable Mention, Greenwich Arts Council "2006 GREENWICH MAGAZINE PHOTO CONTEST" at Bendheim Gallery (Jan. 2007). His winning photo "INDIAN HARBOR YACHT CLUB" was published. February 2007 issue of Greenwich Magazine. - Honorable Mention, Greenwich Art Society "ARTIST IN WONDERLAND" at the Gertrude White Gallery (April 2006). - First Place at NCC Art Exhibition (2004).-Silver medal in International Children’s Art Exhibition (1997). - Toy Designer Certificate of Excellence (1996).
After taking classes in Acting, Directing, Television and Movie Production, Jacob had a lead part in the play “Subway Stops” at The Stamford Rich Forum. He produced and directed a short documentary, “The American Way”. It was submitted to “Sundance Film Festival" and "The International Moviefone Short Film Festival”. He has written two scripts plays “Victim of His Own Creation” and “The Enigma.”